Who can request funding?
- [Marshall] funds, in an amount to be determined by the TMCSC budget, shall be reserved for allocation to all UCSD staff, faculty, and undergraduate individuals and organizations.
Who are we?
Thurgood Marshall College Student Council’s Finance Committee is one of two committees mandated by the TMCSC constitution. As our internal legislation states: “The functions and powers of the Finance Committee are to advise TMCSC in financial matters and give recommendations on all financial legislation”.
Thus, Finance Committee has become recognized to be the first point of contact for funding requests for Marshall organizations, events, as well as other on-campus organizations. Funding requests are submitted to the Vice Chair of Finance’s folder in the Admin building and reviewed the following Finance Committee meeting. Committee meetings are held on most Mondays at 8PM throughout the academic year. Upon review, a recommendation is then introduced to Council Floor on Thursday (during regular TMCSC meetings), where the requests are officially approved or denied.
Finance Committee members are comprised of not only the Vice Chair of Finance, who chairs the committee, but also at least 2 voting members of Council, 1 Student at Large, 1 A.S. Senator, and all other TMCSC members approved and appointed to the committee.
Please feel free to contact Lauren Hong at firstname.lastname@example.org should any further questions or issues arise.
How To Request Funding:
TMCSC makes annual allocations specifically to help fund other on-campus organizations, events, etc. In order to request funding, an organization/event representative must submit a funding request to the VC Finance’s Folder in the Admin Building no later than Thursday at 3PM. Once submitted, a confirmation email will be provided to the listed email on the request and the funding request will be heard on the following Monday Finance Committee Meeting. Upon the conclusion of the Finance Committee Meeting, the Vice Chair of Finance consolidates all materials and introduces the request to Council Floor on Thursdays at 6:30PM, in which the request is approved, approved with stipulations, or denied.
Click to download the:
Things to keep in mind:
- IF YOU ARE A CSI REGISTERED ORGANIZATION and you need to submit a TAP form for your expenses, you MUST submit this request 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE SUBMISSION OF YOUR TAP FORM. Keep in mind TAP forms must be submitted 21 DAYS prior to your event date.
- The Marshall Student Activities fee is currently $4.84 per Marshall student. Be cognizant of this amount when deciding how much funding you are requesting from TMCSC as it is typically a factor in our decision.
- TMCSC cannot fund:
- Controlled/illegal substances
- Direct monetary donations
- Fines or violations
- Association or membership dues
- Food for general body meetings
- Any other items that violate university, state, or federal laws
- More information regarding funding requests can be found on the funding request form which is linked below.
Should any further questions or concerns arise, please contact Lauren Hong at email@example.com.